View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 02:39 PM   #5
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf View Post
Jonathan... When he says "played with the petcock", sounds like he put it into "prime". This suggests a vacuum problem.
That's possible too, but because it sounded like it was running alright on flat ground, it led me to believe it's a float issue. Putting the petcock on PRI has the ability to bypass the float, raising the fuel level in the bowl to where it should be, which is why it solved his problem temporarily.

Golem, the very bottom of the carb has this bowl shaped piece. Right in the center of that, on the bottom, is a screw. This screw allows you to drain the float bowl.

If you look at the carb, you should see exactly what I'm talking about. Don't knock the crap out of it. Just give it a couple of little thwacks. If your float was sticking, which would not let enough fuel come into the carb, hitting it will sometimes free it up.

I'm just giving you a cheap and easy way to see if that helps anything. If it doesn't then we are moving onto the next step which, as Alan suggested, is probably a vacuum leak.

Regardless though, get some carb cleaner in your tank.

Login or Register to Remove Ads