View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 10:32 AM   #16
celesboy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marauder1313 View Post
So I just got back from an 18,000km trip with this GZ, and something that I experienced back in Delaware and had to live with all the way back to vancouver was an issue with its charging.
With the headlight plugged in, im barely getting 12.6V at idle. With headlight unplugged, Ill get into the mid 13's

I actually ended up riding back to the west coast with my headlight unplugged because I would encounter a dead battery eventually.

I got a brand new battery at an autozone in philly too

Where should I start looking to figure this shit out?

Thanks
ok....now we'll start the main course

i had some pics that shoot few minutes ago....

THIS kind of failure was commonly happend in certain type of suzuki....
wait...i'm forget to mention it...the MOST commonly issue is charging wire....happends alot in here in IDN too....

so...let begin with pics coz i'm not too good to explain in english

first thing to do....is made your DIY wires...any wires can do (i'm used household wires that cost me USD 1 each meter in electricity shop)

as u can see....in left there are 3 yellow stock wires from stator
3 blue wires in right...it was my DIY wires....
(so basically this is called bypass method....coz stator wires goes directly to R/R without using stock wire set anymore)

and this is where the blue wires go (they are go to RR)....very simple

you can see black and red wires in left side of the blue wires
its lead DIRECTLY to battery poles without anymore extension

so....what purpose of those 2 plastic socket in my hand after we did bypass mod ?
nothing....just let them hanging there and do nothing....(those 2 black and white socket doesn't have any function from now on)

Last edited by celesboy1; 07-14-2015 at 11:06 AM.