View Single Post
Old 10-31-2015, 11:38 AM   #4
DR Roberts

I have never had any valve adjustments done, I am not entirely sure what that means, would have to have a mechanic do this. Same thing probably with carb adjustments. Typically, I don't need much, if any choke to start when it's warm out (above 60) between 50 and 60, half to full choke and some throttle to keep it running till it warms up then it settles down and runs fine. Is there a way to tell if my choke is working right? When I had the carb serviced, the mechanic said he took off the tank and drained it. He said he saw no signs of rust or deposits. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but my instincts make me feel like maybe the service was less than thorough, so the gasket on the carb seems possible. I really don't think any lines are leaking. It only seems to leak when it's running, so maybe. So far, I have tried to clean everything off the carb and engine when it"s warm and then while it's running try to visually hunt for the leak but with no success. Currently looking for a Suzuki mechanic in my area instead of a Harley snob! Thanks for the input guys, I'll let you know how it works out...