View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 09:44 PM   #3
chandlerbingfl

I had almost the same issue. Easiest thing to do is first get the battery tested. That turned out to be the problem I had as I had 2 bad cells. My symptoms were that my bike would start but die when I tried giving throttle. Once I replaced the battery, problem was gone.

Now if it's not the battery it would lead me to the charging system itself, not putting out enough juice to fire the bike properly. At idle maybe so but once the rpms increase it's possible the charging system can't keep up with the demand to fire.

Hope this helps,
chandlerbingfl

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorpoet View Post
Hey guys,
so i went to start my bike today and none of the electronics turned on. I figured the battery was dead so i push started the bike to recharge the battery.(super fun to do since Florida is still 90 degrees in january....not) I got her fired up but the throttle was very unresponsive. Any time i would give her gas the engine would sputter with the occasional backfire, but speed would not increase. Anytime i completely let go of the throttle she would settle at about 10 mph but would not drop any slower. By the time i got back to the driveway the engine was smoking white where the exhaust meets the engine. I shut her down and the battery had not charged at all(i rode her in second gear for about 10 minutes.) Battery is 8 months old and she was working fine last week. One last detail is when I would give her any gas it sounded like something was banging around in the engine, very not good. Anyone have any idea what this could be? thanks

Login or Register to Remove Ads