View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 04:28 PM   #4
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerbingfl View Post
I had almost the same issue. Easiest thing to do is first get the battery tested. That turned out to be the problem I had as I had 2 bad cells. My symptoms were that my bike would start but die when I tried giving throttle. Once I replaced the battery, problem was gone.

Now if it's not the battery it would lead me to the charging system itself, not putting out enough juice to fire the bike properly. At idle maybe so but once the rpms increase it's possible the charging system can't keep up with the demand to fire.

Hope this helps,
chandlerbingfl
Before running out to buy a new battery I would suggest checking the battery post for tightness. It doesn't take much for a battery to go dead if the post are not snugged up good. A good fix to keep the posts tight is to use star washers on the little bolts. Get a battery tender and leave it over night to charge. Then let the battery sit for an hour before measuring the voltage with a meter. Both charger and meter are cheaper than a new battery and you will always have them for years to come.
Never charge with more than a 2 amp charger, that will do a fair bit of damage to these little batteries.

This way you rule out the battery or determine it is the culprit. Keep us up to date with your progress. Best of luck.