Thread: Honda CTX
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2016, 06:54 PM   #45
Water Warrior 2

Buying in Canada is a different kettle of fish in many cases. Buying a product from the U.S and having it shipped North is an exercise in frustration sometimes. Thanks to the Canadian government we have all sorts of crap to contend with just for a simple purchase. Trade agreements are always in favor of the U.S. Good for you guys but it sure is a PITA here. I very much doubt U.S. folks have to pay through the nose to get something from Canada.

Thanks to FTA(Free Trade Agreement)and NAFTA(North American Free Trade Act)the Canadian dollar has been on it's knees for many years.
Canadian Customs is a money grab at the border with duties and fees for the simplest things. Some stuff is shipped by major couriers and they charge horrendous fees to bring it to your door.
In the past I have ordered riding gear from down South and had it mailed here. No real problem except who is at the border making up the rules. 2 Separate orders from the same vendor and one has duty and the other doesn't. Both were riding jackets for us bought 2 weeks apart.

So, back to my Corbin seat story. Corbin was kind enough to cancel the order. They didn't have to do that. I thank them for that. Now I am going to wait till my next MasterCard statement comes in to see for sure that there was no charge for the seat/backrest. If all is well I can start over with a lesson well learned.

Right now it is a beautiful day for riding and I am at home painting odds and ends for the bike. Flat black brackets and fixings for the LED driving lights and stuff to mount an air horn to one of the frame tubes.

Tomorrow is much the same, do the light bracket install, put the fender back on(don't scratch it) and then figure out where the wires can go through the bike and extend them too. Oh right, buy some wire too. Make a list stupid!!

Sitting and watching paint dry. Hmm, I retired for this? LOL.

Login or Register to Remove Ads