Thread: High Idle
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 01:45 PM   #11
Pmhearns

Ok, i have since solved several of the issues.... but my last plagueing comes from high idle when warm. I have checked and rechecked for vacuum leak. It does not appear i have one. I sprayed carb cleaner around the carb boot and around the carb while idling low and nothing changed. If the bike is cold, it can be started easily without the need lf the enricher, and it idles and runs great... once it warms, the idle hangs and then will sometimes... rarely... come back down. I can manually lower it by adding more fuel via the enricher but it was will inevitably bog down and die unless i turn it back off and the idle will remain steady... once i open the throttle again, the idle will rise and hangs around im guessing 2500. Agsin, once i get it lowered it will stay down until i open the throttle. i have replaced the top diaphram and it is not pinched. I have NOT replaced accelorator pump diaphram, could this be it? Something is causing the low pressure to stay constant. Do i have an accelorator circuit issue?

Login or Register to Remove Ads