View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 09:36 PM   #26
burkbuilds

I'm still making progress. I can "walk" between the parallel bars at physical therapy with only my left hand on the rail. I can "Frankenstein" walk without holding on at all but it's painful and I am wobbly and it's not pretty. Hopefully after a few more weeks I'll be walking better.
My right foot has more feeling in it now. This week was the first time I could feel the cold from the ice packs they put on my foot after a therapy session, yea! On the down side, I lost my job last week, Corporate "Downsizing" got 18 positions at our plant, mostly Engineers and Quality personnel. Mine was one of the positions eliminated. Good news is that I'm on short term disability right now and they did offer me a 4 week severance pay after my disability runs out so that gives me some more time to recover and look for a new job. My old employer contacted me the next day and asked if I'd consider returning there, so I may have an opportunity to go back if something else doesn't look better.
I finally got some x-ray pics of my leg. The file's to large to upload. I'll see if I can figure something out so they are visible.