View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 09:57 AM   #1
alantf

Goodbye to my GZ

Well, it had to happen. I'm 71 now, and my balance has turned wobbly, plus other age related health problems, so rather than pose a problem to me and the other road users, I thought I'd hang up my helmet. I've had problems selling the bike, though. I took it down to the bike shop last September. I bought the bike there, ten years ago, and Alonso who owns the shop was happy to sell it for me. He knows the bike so well (He's done every repair & service on it) so he knew it was in first class condition, and even threw a warranty in for the new owner. Now...... The problem it's taken so long to sell is that it's a 250cc. Over here anyone with a car licence can ride up to 125cc, so anybody without a bike licence rides a 125cc scooter, and everybody with a bike licence seems to want a 500cc or above, crotch rocket. Anyway the bike cost me (new) ten years ago, €3,300 (around $4,070) and I'll get €800 (around $1,00) for it, so after ten years I'll still get nearly ¼ of what I paid for it. I'm sad that my riding days are over (I've had a bike licence since 1965) but every good thing must come to an end.

Login or Register to Remove Ads