View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 11:51 AM   #3
b1pig

I've had that thing apart numerous times. Last summer, I had that sucker running like a champ. The idle was a little unsteady... I thought it may be related to an improperly set float level. Wife rode it to her "job" which is about a 25 mile one way ride. 7 miles from home, she was coasting/downshifting to a stop sign from 60mph and when she pulled the clutch in, it died and would not restart.

After I trailered it home, I put the petcock on Prime and it started up. PERFECT idle, but any throttle kills it. Won't run above ... uh... just off-idle. However, if I pull the enrichment, the engine speed comes up. Twist the throttle, it chokes off. It SEEMS to me that the idle circuit is clear, but the circuit(s) covering midrange will not flow fuel. So far as I know, if it unscrews from the carb, I've removed it, cleaned it, soaked it, scrubbed it and sprayed it.

I don't have the money... and this little bike isn't really worth the cost to me... but I've been thinking about just buying one of those 28mm fuel injection conversion kits.

I just don't have the room to take it apart and leave it apart while I soak it for days in solvent. Thinking I might just have to roll it out on the back porch from the garage and put it under a tarp for a couple of weeks while I tinker with it and let is soak in... things.

Login or Register to Remove Ads