View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 02:01 PM   #8
b1pig

looking for a carb

Believe me, I have the carb removal/installation perfected to a science.... I spend more time getting the tools out and the bike positioned to to the job than actually working.

Video for reference

I realize this “parts wanted” thread has morphed into a troubleshooting thread if any moderator wants to move it to the appropriate forum..... 🤣

Not that I don’t appreciate the effort, guys.
I’ve removed the carb NUMEROUS times. If you check my forum activity, I’m sure it will be reflected in the threads/posts. The only things I have NOT tried are soaking/heating in lemon juice or PineSol.... both seemingly popular internet fixes for crappy carbs. I soaked it for a couple of days in that Berryman’s stuff a couple of years ago. Since then, it had a weird idle that would creep up if the bike sat with the engine at idle.

In ref to o-rings.... the only one I changed was the one I think on the pilot jet? Did that one a couple of years ago. Really no issue with it at this point. Still pliable with no cracks. I mean seriously. This thing is CLEAN. I’m kinda convinced the midrange fuel/air tracks are plugged. The day it started this was a sudden onset last summer. Now the wife won’t trust the little **** past the front yard. Meaning she won’t ride it. Not that I blame her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by b1pig; 04-30-2018 at 02:06 PM.