View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 12:29 AM   #1
09GZ250

Rebuilding a GZ250 in bad shape

I have a 09 GZ250 in pretty bad shape. It's been sitting for years. Hasn't been ridden since 2011. Rusty chrome ign switch is broke off needs everything. I'm thinking about rebuilding it so I'll have a cruiser to go with my Hayabusa and a friend said when I get it done and am ready to upgrade he'll buy it from me as his first bike.

I plan on making it better than stock because it being Suzuki's cheapest cruiser they used some sub par parts like chrome that has started to rust. Those parts will be triple chrome plated with a clear coat for added protection. It's a sad sight right now I have already repaired the few dents in the tank I might just get a new one. It was my first bike. It will take a while to restore it cause money is tight and I have other things to worry about now. I plan on stripping it down to the bare frame and stripping and painting everything (good thing I know how to do automotive paint).

It only has 5500mi on it I have to buy it from my mom it's her bike at the moment even though she don't ride. I'll get pics sometime and keep this thread posted on the rebuild. I think it will make a good cruiser when I just want to take in the scenery and cruise until I get something bigger maybe a Shadow 750 and it'll make my friend a good starter bike. When he gets ready to move up I'll buy it back probably since it was my first.

Engine runs good some of the plastics need to be replaced exhaust needs to be replaced frame powdercoated I'll prob put close to what it's worth but I plan on keeping it awhile. The gz I can cruise the busa I have to watch going 3 times the speed limit. My gz will do about 87mph so it's fast enough for a cruiser

It'll be a while but I will restore this bike and post progress of the job wnd will eventually have a nice cruiser to roll around town and get better mpg than the busa.

Login or Register to Remove Ads