View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 07:49 PM   #15
bachelorb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald McPherson View Post
Don't you get one with beepers?
Are you talking digital meters? I have a beeper for continuity but not voltage.

Well, I have been pouring over the wiring diagrams and I traced some wiring. found one wire that was bad in the rear fender and repaired it. Now all the continuity all checks out, but still no turn signals. Next I took apart the turn signal switch and cleaned it. all the continuity checks out there for both sides all the way to the connector. From there I decided to take a Wag at it and I believe its the turn signal relay. Ordered one of those and it should be here Monday.

Funny story.... (not really, but I'm laughing at it now).... While tracing the wiring and ohming it out, somewhere along the way after stuffing the headlight wiring back in, the left driving light quit working.... So back apart and checking wiring and this and that and getting frustrated until I decided to check the bulb...... It was blown....... I turned a simple five minute fix into an hour and a half over a blown out light bulb...... and thats the way I work.........

Login or Register to Remove Ads