View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 10:00 PM   #47
Rowdyrolla

Kilo0195 - so I have read this post in its entirety. I do have a question for you. Just wanting to make sure I’m clear Bc I don’t want to blow my valves or piston. The 90-95 dr250 cam will fit and work on a stock piston and head?

I have a 2005 GZ250, current mods are as follows. Slant cut the factory exhaust behind the baffle near mounting bracket, removed air filter inlet cover on filter, jetted main and pilot jets by using a jet drill kit moving up one size from bit that would slide thru the factory hole in jet, swapped bars to coupons, adjustable levers and brake master, custom made hard tail struts and rear fender with sissy bar, 130/90 front tire to match rears width, side mount plate and taillight assy, changed front sprocket to 16t from the factory 15t and purchased a 37t sprocket for the rear from the up for a Suzuki rg250 gamma.

Parts now needed due to the way I ride. Going to install a set of Barnett’s Kevlar clutches and springs with steels, also going to perform dr250 cam swap. The biggest and most expensive part of this build is I’m going to install a gt15 turbo and 42mm flatside carb with external oil pump and oil tank.

Like you I have a fascination with the smaller bikes and love to just go balls out when it comes to proving a point when I’m told I can’t do something. Lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2B12F6D0-5808-4181-B022-F2D7074600F5.jpg (20.4 KB, 28 views)