Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverAgain
My name is Ben, 29 years old,

1. 25 miles each way (1:10 minutes) is not comfortable
4. Gear box gives me a hard time down to 1st and up to 2nd
5. $3620 out the door (good or bad?)

I have 3 question please
1-The break use to make a lot of noise, so I use little bit of WD-40
1:10 in the seat is not going to be comfortable......on the seat.......until you get a couple of dozen trips "hardening".
Not much you can do about the weather. Any chance you can adjust your starting/ending times +/- a half hour to miss some of the traffic and shorten the time in the seat ??

The 1-2 shift gives everybody trouble at first. When going up, pre-load the shifter with a slight pressure before you actually pull in the clutch; it will snap into the higher gear easier. Going down to 1, wait until almost stopped.....VERY slow.
After break-in, many folks find that using Synthetic oil makes shifting smoother.

Price sounds good to me.

So much for the good news. You didn't waste much time finding a mistake to make, did you? :oops:

WD40 on the brake pads probably RUINED them.
I advise NOT riding until you get them fixed. If you put on non-OEM pads, the squeek should be substantially reduced.
Do a search here for "brakes".

No reason to alter your shift speeds because of temperature. Not sure I understand that question but +/- 5mph is OK.

Big tank, not much gas. You probably could hear it slosh if the bike was off and your ear was close to it.

Now that you found us, please ASK before you try something that you might feel uneasy about.