Thread: Low compression
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 09:46 AM   #4
Makedon

Ok, so this is what is happening. I rechecked the valve clearance, it was good. Then I watched some YouTube videos, some mechanic was suggesting to put some Marvel Mistery oil thru the spark plug hole and let it sit for 3-4 days, I did that and didn’t help. So the next thing I did is, I put a tablespoon of oil thru the spark hole, did a compression test. The results war 150psi, on the first test, few minutes later second test was 120 psi. 45 minutes later, third test was back to 70 psi. This leads me to believe that I need new piston rings. Now I want to say that I got the GZ as a project bike to learn how to work on bikes. I think I got my money worth out of this one. I also have a parts bike too. Now the question is how difficult is to do piston rings replacement on the bike, and is it required to pull the engine out? I was searching through the forum to find “ how to” information for this job but I was unsuccessful, anybody has a link or advice where I can find more info. As always Thanks for all the advice and your time.