View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 09:51 AM   #8
anubis19ak

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the long absence but the weather here hasn't been conducive to tinkering in a cold garage. I just wanted to give everyone some updates on what I've been experiencing.

1) I still have to have the choke on for a while before I can turn it off. Lately I've been chalking that up to the fact the bike has been sitting for 4-6 weeks on average between rides. Other than that, I still don't know where to look to fix this.

2) I fixed the speedometer light. I was able to go to Autozone (here in the States) and find the bulb just by taking the old one in and comparing them until I found the right one. I'd still like to put a brighter LED bulb in there, but this is fixed for now.

3) I haven't messed with the suspension at all yet. I'm thinking I need to jack the bike up to take all the weight off the rear wheel and hit the strut with some WD40 before trying to stiffen the suspension. Does anyone have any other tips they've learned with that?

4) As suggested in this thread, I just needed to tighten the rear brake cable so that it trips the switch when I hit the rear brake. This is working beautifully now.

5) This still seems to happen, usually when I am pulling the clutch in to come to a stop at a light. I'm wondering if this has something with the idle speed. Perhaps mine is set a bit too low. A lot of people have said that you can adjust the idle speed by ear, but I'll be honest, I have no idea what this bike should sound like at 1300rpms. Any tips?

6) The bike revving when the handlebars go full lock in either direction does still happen, but I only notice it when I'm trying to turn around in a tight driveway. When that happens, I usually have the clutch pulled in so it hasn't proven to be an issue. I double-checked to make sure the throttle wasn't pulling, and it's not. Someone suggested it could be the clutch or choke cable, I haven't had a chance to look at that yet.

7) I was able to get the turn signal indicator bulb out easily using a boba straw from Ikea, at least I think that's what it was. I just slid it down into the housing and over the bulb, then applied a tiny amount of sideways pressure and the bulb came right out. I was able to find a replacement at Autozone, again by just comparing bulbs until I found one that would work.

Thanks for all the help so far everyone, I really appreciate it!