View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 01:24 PM   #3
yashbhatt215

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacio View Post
1. This bike has petcock that is vacuum operated. It will open on Prime and will let fuel thru "on" and "res" only when engine is turning over (vacuum on intake). There should be small rubber tube going from carb (intake side) to petcock.
2. Leak on Pri mins that your float valve is not closing (bad float or valve, level adjustment). Float valve might be stuck open by gunk buildup. It is leaking - most likely thru air box - either thru oil drain tube below air box or thru air filter. Check oil level and condition to make sure its not loaded with gas.
Hey so I took another look at it yesterday. I actually got the bike to start this time. I had to keep the throttle way open or it stalled really quick. It ran for 30 seconds with the throttle way open and then it ended up stalling. I couldn't get it to turn on again after it stalled. I think the battery is really weak because it had been sitting for a year without any use. I charged the battery overnight and will try again today after I'm home from work.

As far as the carburetor goes I'm not sure what the 'float valve' is because that specific name does not show up in the carburetor section of the parts manual. It is probably called something different. I attached a picture of the exploded view of the carburetor from the parts manual. Can you look at it and tell me which part is the equivalent to the 'float valve'?

Anyway, I found where the fuel was leaking from. When I turn the fuel valve to prime it floods the carburetor and comes out of a hose connected to the top of the carburetor. The hose travels to the back of the bike underneath the seat and sits open. I'm assuming this is a relief/overflow tube.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by yashbhatt215; 05-08-2019 at 01:28 PM.