View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 02:39 PM   #1
El Diablo

Bike nite on Beale 1,200 bikes only one GZ 250

Drove downtown to Beale Street last night for Bike night. For those not familiar with Memphis, this is our entertainment district. Several blocks of blues clubs, Coyote Ugly, Hard Rock, and the like. Think Bourbon Street on a slightly smaller scale with Blues instead of Jazz.

Bikes and pedestrians only on Beale. The bikes lined the streets for three blocks. I walked up and down several times looking for another GZ. Close I came was a Suzuki with "Marauder" on the side of the tank but it was a V twin. There was a little bitty Kawasaki. I was looking at it because it was tiny. A guy said, "Hey, that's hers" and pointed to a girl about 4 foot 7 inch. I gave her the thumbs up and she just beamed.

I'd say the majority was Harley's but there was a large contingent of sports bikes. A few boss hogs and even one of those new three wheelers with the two wheels in front, one in back.

I hung out, had a couple beers, walked around looking at bikes and listened to 3 or 4 different bands. It was a good time.

If your ever in Memphis on a Wednesday night, be sure to check out bike nite on beale. See link below for some pictures.

http://www.memphistanista.com/2008/07/b ... treet.html

"If there are no dogs in heaven, then I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers

Login or Register to Remove Ads