View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 11:16 PM   #1
Francisco Zapata

My '09 has no electrical.

Hey guys! let me explain how's my motorcycle giving you an introduction on how I've been dealing with its issues last two months.

- About two months, I was driving my motorcycle with no problem, and the next day, I wasn't able to start it, even if I had spark, fuel, and my starter motor was working fine. I changed my battery and spark plug, and I wasn't able to start it, until one week after I changed them (kinda weird).
- Since that day, I was able to start it and run it, but it lost a lot of power; and it was loosing more and more progressively. It was running slower and slower every day; until one day that it wasn't able to start, even if I had both a full fuel tank, new battery and spark plug.
- I was trying to repair my motorcycle for about one month without any success, until I took it to a mechanic, and he told me that I had low compression. He fixed that issue that day; and I was able to ride my motorcycle home. But just two or try minutes after leaving the mechanic, part of my cylinder gasket exploited and I my motorcycle wasn't able to start anymore. Then, I had to tow my motorcycle home.
- Then, I tried to fix the compression by myself applying gasket maker to both to the cylinder, cylinder head, and cylinder head cover, expecting to fix the compression issue in that way ; but after it, my bike wasn't able to start yet. And then, when I was trying to start it, suddenly I lost all electrical.
- Since then, I've been trying to figure out what's the electrical issue. I already checked the battery, and I have 12V+. I checked for continuity on the wire between the + end of the battery and the starter motor: there's continuity. I checked for the same between the - end of the battery and the starter relay: there's continuity. But I still has no electrical on the bike.

At this point, I don't know what also to check in order to repair my bike. If any of you guys can help me to figure out what to do in this case, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Login or Register to Remove Ads