View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 12:51 AM   #4
alanmcorcoran

Headlight visor and MSF...

...Patrick, I'm not sure what a headlight visor is, but I don't think I have one. It probably just looks that way because I effed with my picture in Photoshop to make my avatar look cooler (at least that was my plan.)

Re the MSF, I didn't want to be too harsh, mainly owing to my belief that 50% of the population has not read a book since high school, and this may be a good option for them. If you are a self learner (and if you have a difficult time sitting still for five hours) you will find MSF to be a trial to get through. Part of my negativity stems from expectations set for the class. I had generally heard nothing but high praise for it so I was expecting them to reveal Secrets of Levitation and How to Hypnotize Cops. At the very least I thought I'd be able to do a wheelie afterwards (j/k.)

It wasn't bad for what it was, but it's a fifteen to seventeen hour investment - time that might garner better returns if you simply read Proficient Motorcycling, bought some cones and hit your local parking lot.

Taking the riding test in a (sort-of) non-governmental facility has some value, but again, 17 hours is a lot of time. I suppose if you fail and have to go back, you might burn that up at the DMV, but to each his own.