View Single Post
Old 08-18-2008, 02:01 AM   #6
primal

Send a message via AIM to primal
Half of my class were veteran riders. They all said that they were glad they took the class.

The most annoying part of the course was the classroom sessions. I could have easily finished all that material and taken the test in an hour to an hour and a half (disregard the fact that I had already learned all that just from my previous research). Instead, I had to sit through hours of highlighting and reading aloud the highlighted material from the book.

There was also the slow riders (one of which was bragging about how she was an "expert" rider, only to have all of the newbs outriding her the first day). Luckily we only had one person drop a bike, and she was the only one in the class who had apparently never even ridden a bicycle before. I always seemed to get caught right behind these two ladies, and in the exercise where you had to shift into 3rd through the turn and downshift on the straight portion I never managed to get out of 2nd. It was frustrating to say the least.

The best thing about the course was all of the little tidbits and bits of wisdom that the instructors had. The material the course covered was a piece of cake, but the minutiae the instructors would insert with their anecdotes and (in my course's instance) fits of sarcasm were the truly valuable nuggets of information.

Was it worth the $100? Absolutely. Having already taken the course, would I take it again in the future? Nope.