Thread: 16" Rear Rim
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2021, 01:28 PM   #1
NJG

16" Rear Rim

Hey everyone - new to the thread but I feel like I've read all of your comments! My apologies to the forum moderator if this question belongs in a different thread.

I've got an '02 GZ and am interested in putting some dual sport tires on front and back but as I know many of you have experienced, finding that back 15inch Dual Sport tread is near to impossible! My end goal is to make a little than a scrambler type of ride that I can take down the legal pulled up railroad tracks up/down, and across the state of MN. Im not looking at doing heavy off-road riding, but it would ideally need to handle well in dirt/pebbles. Im not too worried about a drop in performance which I know is bound to happen when you start playing around with dimensions.

Question:
Besides ordering from an overseas vendor (which does exist), does anyone have any good leads on Dual Sport tread for the 130/90-15 wheel?

If it doesn't exist in North America, does anyone have experience in putting a 16" rim on the rear in order to support 16" tires?

I know some of you might think it's a bad idea all together. All I can say is that I am huge fan of Suzuki, have owned 4 in my day, and I just look at the GZ and it makes me dream of the outdoors.

Thanks!

Login or Register to Remove Ads