Thread: 50cc car
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2015, 08:23 PM   #6
Water Warrior 2

Wow, some of those little cars would fit right into a multi car crash on city streets. ..............................Okay, I'm being pessimistic but I can't really warm up to a car that is shorter than some bikes. Also too narrow for my driving position. I need elbow room which few of these little cars would have.
Oddly enough my little 2007 Ford Ranger is just right for me. And it was cheaper to buy than some of the mini cars on the North American market. I may get less mpg but don't really drive a lot so it really makes sense to drive something that fits. And it is paid for. Regular servicing anywhere I choose although I recently had to make use of a Ford dealer for my 1st repair since 2007. A heating/air conditioning thing went south and cost nearly $600 to fix. Not bad after 8 years of driving. Okay, only 68,000 km on the Ranger but time does take it's toll. I thought the clutch would be 1st to need replacing but so far so good.
Getting back to tiny cars here in my area for just around town shopping. Many older folks just get a 4 wheel electric mobility scooter. Pretty much good for all seasons here and most roads have a bike lane for the scooters to share. In a community of 16,000 or so there isn't to many places you can't scoot around to on a daily basis.