Thread: Jetting: Part 1
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 10:55 PM   #7
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm using a Suzuki service manual, the official one.

Well, it looks like we've already come across a snag. I went out this afternoon to go ahead and get the airbox out. This is a PAIN IN THE ASS!
It requires removing both side covers, removing the tank, removing the fuse box and wiring harness connector and pulling like hell to get the air box to slide back in the close clearances. Also, the tank mount brace sits lower than the tallest point of the airbox, so you have to really slam it in order to get it to slide under it.

Once it's loose from all connections to the carb, it slides back against the rear fender and then pulls directly out.

There are large connectors from the wiring harness that sit on top of the carb inlet duct. They make it a bit difficult to manuver around in that area. However, my original tought that there is PLENTY of room under the tank is correct. With the airbox out, there is also TONS of extra room under the seat, if anyone is so inclined to build a little storage box of some kind.

This whole ordeal took me a little more than 1 hour, cost me one bloody knuckle, 45 mosquito bites and a bit of swearing.

I'm beginning to think that this may be not worth the hassle.

We'll see,
Jonathan