View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 04:47 PM   #13
lowbeam

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilo0195 View Post
I think the "hole" you were speaking of is the one that keeps the carb from outright flooding if the float valve fails... no problem there. I would also hold off on changing the pilot jet. I have seriously modded my bike (300cc kit, decked, ported, etc) and I run the same size pilot jet, a 70 mid jet, and 147.5 main. I just foresee a larger pilot making things far too rich.
Thanks for the advice! What does the mid jet control? The diagram that I have from the manual says there is a pilot jet, main jet, and starter jet. I thought that the starter jet was just for the choke.

How do you have your crankcase breather set up? Right now mine is just the line open which obviously I need at the least a filter for it.

I started the bike up again today after going over everything again. The pilot screw was leaking a little fuel onto the bit when I was adjusting it so I pulled it apart and the o ring and washer were flipped. I am not sure if I was able to seat them back correctly as there is a slight vacuum when I hold my finger over the tube. I plugged the tube it sits in for now until I can get a new o ring small enough to try to seal it again. Somewhere else there is still a vacuum leak and there is an audible noise of leaking air. Is it possible for the choke plunger to leak around the cable? Not the metal bit with the o ring because that is new but the cable itself and the elbow or through the cable shield? The carb boot is tight to the head and not ripped, I am going to try to wrap some electrical tape around the clamp to get it even tighter than it already is because I ran out of adjustment tightening it. I might get a new carb boot and a new carb soon because I am losing patience with such a simple problem

I will see if i can get a video today of it running and post it here to see if anyone has any ideas!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by lowbeam; 11-10-2017 at 04:49 PM.