View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 07:47 PM   #18
kilo0195

The Kevlar clutch and stiffer springs from Barnett are a nice upgrade. I actually stalled it leaving the driveway because I had gotten used to how much the cork and rubber slipped. Only complaint would be that holding the clutch in at lights can be a little tiring on the hand now, especially because shifting to neutral is damn near impossible when it's running (always been that way). Anyways I got what I was after which was to eliminate any slipping under hard acceleration. The cam should be here in about 2-3 weeks. In talking with the shop we've gone with a profile somewhere just above a stage1 or mild cam. Anything more and I'd have to greatly increase compression, more so than just the deck job I've got. It would entail finding another shop to make a custom high compression piston that frankly I don't feel like spending that much money on. The whole bike so far has been dirt cheap to mod, and I'd be spending close to what I've put into the bike total just for the piston. The cam profile will add .070 lift and much more duration and ramp speed. Sorry I'm not allowed to share the exact specs of the cam. Anyways, sometime shortly after the new year I should have the cam installed and be able to give some details as to it's improvements.