View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 06:15 PM   #19
kilo0195

Cam arrives tomorrow... I'm a bit excited! Over Christmas break I had her on a dyno and got a hp and air/fuel reading. They couldn't get a good rpm signal (some sort of interference) so there was no way for them to get a reliable torque reading. I was putting 21hp to the wheel which isn't too bad considering my 2.43 final drive and wide heavy tire I'm running. Besides I've seen a stock Buell blast 500cc dyno at 22.5whp. He also had dyno tuned a couple gz's in the past for customers and said they were in the 14 to 14.5whp range when done. I really would like to address the tach problem to get a good torque reading but that's a different story. Air fuel mix was ungodfully rich until I hit wide open throttle so she is way out of tune and I could possibly pick up a little more power with a good tune. I will correct that after the cam swap. For the swap I will be removing the head and the jug as well. The head I plan to clean up the port job on it and the jug will be sent to be decked. How much I can deck will have to be determined especially as the head already has .040 or .045 shaved off. I hope to be able to get at least .045 off the jug as I was advised the higher cr I can get the better the cam will perform. This will also give me a good look at the piston and cylinder walls to see how things are holding up. It sucks she'll be down for a while, but I can't wait to see the difference.