Thread: Honda CTX
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 11:54 AM   #86
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf View Post
You must have wide living room doors (or a narrow bike) I wanted to get mine into my workshop (with a normal size door) but it just won't fit through the door.
Standard apt door. Removing the mirrors and windshield made it possible. Plus I had a friend help manhandle the bike. It takes two people to shift the bike around to get the bike into the hallway and aimed at the building entrance/exit.

Final install of shield, mirrors and soft bags were done in the underground parking area. Loaded the bags with rain gear, tire repair kit, compressor, tool kit and what not.

Yesterday was a real treat. Drove the Ranger south to Horse Shoe Bay in Vancouver to meet two very good friends for coffee. The bike was not an option as they had 2 24x18 framed pics that are destined for one of my walls. Had a wonderful visit and we parted company. Drove home in time to meet the regular coffee crowd at noon in Squamish. Then at 2 pm I fired up the bike for the first ride of the year. It was quite an experience. I just might have made the Honda a rideable bike for me. The floor boards made such a difference that I am amazed. No more fighting to keep my feet on the pegs that were too far forward for me and made shifting and rear braking such a PITA.

Road North up to Whistler for a coffee and had a great first ride. Very comfy and relaxing. Having raised the fork tube up 1 inch in the triples has made the steering just a little better in the curves and almost a bit sporty but not real sporty like I had with my Vstrom in years gone by. The Vstrom with a fork brace and raised fork tubes could compete with sport bikes in the curves. I never did find the bikes limits with sticky tires.

So I had a great day overall and the future is bright. Just a couple more tweaks to the adjustable Madstad windshield and I should be done for a while.