View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 02:30 AM   #28
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoss1986 View Post
Just found a Valve check / adjustment is 119$ so that's not bad . Okay I have another wonderful insightful questions peeps. As I'm riding along I like to down shift approaching a stop. Occasionally when I near second and also going into first i feel the and kinda hear a chain sound in my clutch? like a larger version of a bicycle chain switching gears. Is this a normal sound / feeling or is it something i need to get looked at?

Thanks
You might be downshifting at too high a speed for the gears to mesh properly. Try shifting at a little slower speed for the gear you are down shifting into. You might also blip the throttle just a moment before down shifting when you pull in the clutch. It takes practice to get the timing right so don't get discouraged with an occasional grinding. After you develop muscle memory things will be smoother and more natural feeling.

Just remember there are no stupid questions when it comes to riding and wanting knowledge to be more informed about your bike or riding skills. We can supply a lot of answers but most of us agree with a proper riding course and reading Proficient Motorcycling by David Hogue. An onsight riding instructor will do wonders for your safety and skills.