View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 12:12 AM   #59
mr. softie

Re: Full vs three quarter

Just Thought I might chime in on this topic, been a while so hi to all. I rode for years with no helmet at all, no problem. Then I had a German half helmet for a while I would wear with goggles if it was rainy etc. No problems. Luckily when I did have a bad crash I happened to be wearing an AGV full face, as I ground the chin bar against the pavement for a bit during my tumbling slide at 55 mph. No armor though. OUCH! doesn't quite capture the feeling somehow. Lost a lot of skin but none from my face. Since then I have worn a full face. And armor. I could post some pics off the web of folks who lost their noses/mouths/chins etc. in bike crashes, some while wearing 3/4 helmets, but I'm sure you all can get by all right without seeing that. And I agree it is a personal choice. I choose full gear at this point in my life, that's my choice. But I would not presume to tell another what is best for him. Here are a few pics of some helmets that did their job. Ride safe y'all.