Thread: Done...I think!
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 09:17 PM   #9
gzgeezer

Thanks gents! It is a blast to ride! It really scoots, I ave the carb dialed in perfect with the intake and pipe, pulls well through the whole range. With all other ergos stock, the new seat sits lower and further back so the fit is stretched a couple inches. You’re a bit more in the bike than on the bike, it’s like sitting in a lawn chair at stop lights It has definitely satisfied my ‘need a project’ bug!
The seat is new off Amazon, $60 with two sets of springs (not used) and the mount. It’s hard as a rock! Shocks are set to 1 and I sit on an AirMax if I’m aboard longer than an hour. The seat pan and the turn signals are attached to the long bracket that came with the Harley lights, just happened to be the perfect length mount for both. It bolts to the fender near where the oem seat latch was. The rear light came in a kit with the license plate frame (less than $20 on Amazon) which is actually an axle mount setup. I got two to get the extra light. Original thought was to go fender-less and mount plate vertical on axle, but realized the fender support adds necessary rigidity to the ass end. I also researched CA law and apparently no rear fender and vertical plates are a no no even tho I see’m all day long - I just don’t like getting pulled over