Thread: Honda CTX
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 04:58 PM   #33
Water Warrior 2

Today was the big day. A short but cold 1st ride. Noticed 2 things first off. The seat needs to be modified to fit my backside and boy oh boy can this thing hustle. The power at low revs is really good and throttle response is crisp as all get out. Being on a new bike and riding in the cold made me tense up quite a bit but it was worth it. Tomorrow might be a touch warmer but I will make that decision tomorrow as to whether I have another short ride. A naked bike is a bit of a new experince for me. My Vstrom of a few years ago had much better coverage with the fairing, handguards and heated grips. At the time I also had heated clothing right down to my toes.

The LED driving lights arrived yesterday. It may take me a couple months to get them on the bike though. I need much warmer temps to do anything on the bike and I need to plan out exactly where all the wires will go after the lights are mounted. The whole system has 2 relays for hi and low power settings with a memory function. This will allow for the LEDs to work in concert with the regular headlight hi and low. Sounds kind of trick and I will only really need the regular hi/lo headlight switch to make everything happen. On low beam there will be a conspicuous triangle of light and a wow factor triangle on hi beam. Okay, I admit it. I am a light junkie. I like to see and be seen.
If the system works as well as I anticipate it will, My Ranger will get the same treatment. Never have liked the Hella 450 driving lights that much but they are better than nothing.

Login or Register to Remove Ads