View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 10:40 AM   #3
GilHirien

It SEEMS to rev pretty well in neutral. Better immediately after startup than after it has run for a little. After warm up it starts popping pretty good when you let off the throttle in neutral. It will idle in neutral fine without choke as long as the idle speed is in the proper range. Too low and it starts wanting to cut out as I understand is normal. Out of neutral it will still idle just fine at first, but after it warms up it doesn't idle as well. Adding choke seems to let it idle better after this happens.

Flow at the petcock after cleaning is just fine. But the first couple times I ran it, a check of the fuel line did find some flakes of crud. Less, the more it has run. This was before I removed and cleaned the carb. I did initially find blockage in one of the jets and cleaned it out. Its definitely possible that the seafoam knocked some stuff loose and blocked it again, but since it seemed to rev ok in neutral, I wanted to get other opinions for things I may have missed. I try to be thorough, but by no means am I perfect.

Login or Register to Remove Ads