View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 09:40 PM   #4
burkbuilds

Re: Top 3 factors in Motorcycle Traffic Fatalities

Easy Rider, there are so many statistical pages that I read for this I really can't remember the answer to your question. Several of the reports I referenced are over 100 pages of stats each! If you actually go and read the statistics that the nhtsa compiles each year ( www.nhtsa.dot.gov ) you'd be amazed at what is in there. It's also very interesting to see how often people quote these reports to back up their articles promoting whatever they favor, and then when you actually read the statistics you find that they have picked items from several different catagories, or left out important variables that are contained in the reports, and they present their point of view as being backed up by the nhtsa report, when oftentimes the report from the nhtsa doesn't validate. (Dad said, "figures don't lie, but liars figure!")
By the way, I had to compress this report down for my class submission because the professors don't have time to read really long reports from all their students so they limit how many words our reports can have. I could have easily written 3-4 times this much with all the statistics that are available, but I think the points get across pretty good in this short form, and who wants to read that much statistical evidence anyway? Thanks for the kind words, and I did get an A on this one!