View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 12:13 AM   #11
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnBowler77 View Post
Hey Water, do u remember where u got that backrest with luggage
compartment and would it work on my 2003 Marauder?!?!?
Found it at a bike shop but ebay would be cheaper. Any top box for a bike or scooter will work on your GZ. It just takes a little planning to mount it to do it's job as a backrest so you can comfortably lean back on it. This top box was a 28 liter model and a bit too small for a helmet so get one bigger just to have a safe place to store the helmet and gloves when out and about.
Many top boxes come with a mounting plate, some don't. I mounted the mounting plate to a steel plate on the bike and it stayed there but the box could be unlocked and removed from the bike. The steel plate was secured using the 3 bolt holes for the passenger seat so no extra drilling or modding was needed.
Note: the back pad is likely not needed on the front of the top box for most riders. Lynda is only 5 foot 3 inches and needed a little help by spacing the backrest further forward. The box could not go anymore forward without hindering the driver's seat removal.
I did a lot of measuring and planning before the job and was thrilled that it was 99% perfect with no do overs needed.

Login or Register to Remove Ads