View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 09:36 AM   #5
Badbob

[quote="Bill"]A great post! I've been wondering how to get the bike off the ground. While I have been looking for a lift for the C50 (or making a lift that someone wrote about like you did here) I couldn't find anything appropriote for the GZ250. It's not like you can use a regular commercial made motorcycle lift that you can slide under the frame. This is a great design that could easily be made even with hand tools (hand saw and wood chisel). Your post should be placed so that it will always be visible for new members to access.

You can use a regular motorcycle to jack. I have a Craftsman aluminum jack I use for this. You just need to be real careful about where you lift it. Some of the cheaper ones will not work because they will not go low enough. The next time I have it up on the jack I try to remember to take some pictures.

You can get the rear wheel off the ground by balancing the GZ250 up on the front wheel and the kickstand. While the rear wheel is in the air use your foot or get a helper to slide a block/s of wood. Under the right side of the frame. Some people have used a piece of PVC pipe for this.

You can also use any auto floor jack that will go low enough to get under the frame.

Dupo: Do you think we should make this one sticky? Soon as we figure out where it should go of course.

Login or Register to Remove Ads