View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 10:03 PM   #11
Graydog

Re: "Bikers" vs. people who just own bikes

Well Blues there a lot of things you have to consider when tagging that label on someone.

In Houston some of my riding buddies were in their late 70s (it was a 55 or over riding group).
One was 82.

Now some of these guys started riding after they came back from Korea. They still have a bike and still ride. But not on rainy days, super hot days, super cold days, and they don't ride every day. They would be stupid to do that. But don't dare tell one of them he (or she) is not a biker. :pissed:

I have a high school friend who bought his first motorcycle on the same day I did, at the same shop. We both left on used 1958 red Jawas. Since then there has never been a single day in this guys life that he did not own a bike. But he has always been a casual rider. To the store and back, weekend rides, etc. But he has always been a biker to me.

I am at that age where I listen to my body more closely than I used too. There are times when the bike doesn't get started for days. My riding it everyday to and from work in good or bad weather days are over. I'm a casual rider now. I probably put only about 100 to 150 miles a week on the bike now.

Like Sarris I do not wear ATGATT. I'm a tee shirt, jeans, half gloves & boots rider. I have added the helmet in the last few years. In the winter I add a leather jacket and full gloves.
I hope by taking it easy at my age I will still be riding at 82. O_o

But I'm a biker. I'm just no longer a "bad ass biker" :lol:

Login or Register to Remove Ads