View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 03:31 AM   #12
Water Warrior 2

Re: top box and side cases totaling 132 liters total

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzrider
I got tired of being told what I could do and couldnt do .When I was looking at the machine I knew it could be done, it just hadnt been done yet. I lived overseas, in Sri lanka, their goverment has a cap on the importation of motorcycles over 250 cc due to their energy policy,I saw entire families driving on a bike,the dad driving the mom on the rear seat, a kid on the tank a kid on the rear luggage rack. it told me the 250 was capable of much more that we give it credit in north america. they use it to haul stuff you wouldnt believe, they have lower speed limits though but still, i got fed up being told the GZ wasnt capable. The 93 Geo metro was pushed by 835 cc's,and thats a 4 seater auto. I know that 250 cc is powerfull enough to do more than what it gets credit for. I get tired of the less than important attitude the dealers give me when I deal with them, always telling me to move up in bike if I want more from it than what thay believe it will do. So I didnt take no for an answer, and made it work for me.
Bigger is not always better. The GZ will do almost anything you ask of it. I don't ask Lynda to follow me down the highway at 80 MPH on her bike. 60-65 MPH and she just sails down the road beautifully. That is where the GZ shines. Once was told by a sales fellow to get a 4 cylinder 1000 cc bike for the highway. Not in this lifetime my friend, don't want or need it. My 650 V-twin is almost overkill in my opinion.