View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 09:04 AM   #20
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Re: Do not launch new browser when entering forum from main page

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran
Dude, you are up late again. Tsk tsk. Or early? Anyway, I don't know what herds you tend, but I likes my customers to be large, impersonal corporations with fat IT budgets for me to feed on. We don't see a lot of FF around these parts. Many are still on IE6. But like I said, soon as I do, I'll whore myself out on whatever flavor they fancy.

Re the Harley - don't count it out. At the risk of lot of indignant flames, I bought the GZ strictly to learn on. This forum has convinced me it might be wise to hang onto it, but my original plan was longer distance touring and I just don't see that happening on the GZ (yes, I know the other Patrick rode a GZ from KY to AK. I also know people than can bench 325, but it don't mean I'm going to.)

However, my "herd" mentality mostly extends to computers and Toyota Camrys. The "other bike" thing is a lot tougher - Harley's do seem to dominate and not entirely due to the marketing. I will be seeking counsel here when I'm ready to go bigger. I'm looking forward to that "Holy crap!" feeling Dupo described astride his Honda. (I hope it was a Honda anyway...)

All of your post remind me of the guys who study computer programming at the community college and stay up late on the weekends playing Magic the gathering while eating frozen pizza and drinking Surge in their grandmother's basement. I'd wager that you are even a Star Trek fan.

Do I know you from somewhere?