View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 01:02 PM   #16
Viirin

Re: When to use the clutch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightsbane
For instance, I'm rolling and I am now in second gear. I let off the throttle to go into a curve or turn. After slowing I roll onto the throttle (after not using much or any at all, coasting a bit) and go through the turn. Sometimes this caused the range bikes to be just a bit jerky when rolling back on the throttle, didn't cause any control issues, but I just wanted to know if this was normal and if I should have been using the clutch to avoid damaging anything.

That's what I need to know.:

I was the same when i started - the jerkiness when you open the throttle can be worrying - i formed a habbit which i am still undecided on whether it is bad or not of slightly pulling in the clutch and matching the revs to the speed to remove the jerkiness but as far as proper training goes i think you just get used to the jerkiness, the more you do it and the more you anticipate it the less jumpy it seems - i only do it now if i'm suddenly opening the throttle a lot and the jump would be larger than normal - really slowly opening the throttle and giving the engine time to catch up can remove the jerkiness too but this isn't always an option

Hope this helps

Vii