View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 05:44 AM   #18
alantf

Re: Hey alancorcoran, Look here

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran
Had to ride two up down about 12 miles of freeway
I actually do a lot of "two up" riding. Apart from the sheer fun of being on two wheels, my wife rides behind me out of sheer necessity. Over here the traffic is so heavy that a lot of the time it's at a standstill. If we were in the car, a 10 minute ride would take an hour. Also, when we get to wherever we're headed for (like a town or big village) parking places are often impossible to find, so with the bike we can just park on the pavement (sidewalk). Nobody bothers about that sort of thing.
As for freeway riding, though, that's entirely different, & I agree totally with Alan. Last week we went on the autopista together for the first time. We only needed to go one exit, thank goodness, but never again. Luckily the traffic was light for once, as there was no way the bike would get up to the speed I normally ride at when I'm on my own. Luckily I don't do much autopista riding (& especially not two up) or I would certainly have to consider getting a more powerful bike, which would be a pity, because the GZ is PERFECTLY suited to every other condition over here.