View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 12:10 PM   #1
El Diablo

Armor All takes down a rebel in front of my house

My wife as out on the front porch reading yesterday afternoon. She came running in the house to tell me a guy on a motorcycle just went down while turning the corner in front of our house. We have large acre lot so the the corner is a good distance away.

As I come out the door, I can see he is standing up, pushing the bike up onto the side walk. He appears to be OK. I walked up to him as he is examining the bike and asked if I could help, did he need to use my cell phone or anything. As I walked up I noticed his tires were very shining and said, I see your problem right here. Did you just armor all your tires. He said, yes and I would have seen an ah ha on his face, however he never took his helmet off. I think his nerves were a bit shot.

He was ok, except for a scrap on his arm. He said as much and said he was just grateful it was not a lot worse. His Honda Rebel's foot peg took the brunt of the damage but the bike still ran fine. We talked a while while he regathered himself. Never did take his helmet off in the ten minutes we talked. I asked if he wanted to take the bike home in the back of my truck but he said he just lived down the street. I told him to be sure to call Honda to find out how to get the armor all off or if he would need new tires. Looked like he could probably use some anyway. Then he got back on his bike and left.

Note to all and I believe there is already a thread on this web site. Do not put slick armor all on your tires or you will go down in a turn.

"If there are no dogs in heaven, then I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers

Login or Register to Remove Ads