View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 05:46 PM   #13
dhgeyer

Re: Greetings from Lake Placid, NY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran
Good shots and looks like a great trip. Now that I think back on my Ithaca days, I'm remembering - there's a lot of great motorcycle roads in upstate New York! Especially in and around the Finger Lakes. Segway was fun - did your feet get a little numb after an hour?
They did when we did the tour in Manchester. Both Sue and I noticed it. Actually, our feet weren't numb. They were sore on the bottoms. Our calf muscles were sore also. But they kept us on the machines for an hour and a half plus the training session, with only one short break. This time, renting the one in LP, I got on and off quite a few times - parking it to take pictures and whatnot, and I didn't have any numbness or soreness at all.

Glad you enjoyed the Segway.

There are a lot of fantastic motorcycle roads all over NY State, but I think my favorite area is still the Adirondacks. The southern tier where you were isn't bad either. I grew up in East Aurora (near Buffalo) and went to school at Alfred, in the southern tier of western NY, which is really the northern most reach of Appalachia. Great MC roads in that area as well.

Login or Register to Remove Ads