View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 04:36 PM   #13
riningr

Re: So I checked out a used GZ for the first time...

as far as the overall condition of the bike I'm kind of biased because I think I got a hell of a good deal, I bought mine this spring for $1400 and it was almost mint condition aside from one small spot where the paint had been rubbed off when he trailered the bike without knowing how to tie it down (so he ran two straps over the seat and one of the straps rubbed a small spot in the paint on the tank) but its only about 1/16" diameter spot that the paint is missing and its right by the seat so not very noticeable... had 9730 miles on it when I bought it, at first I was kind of getting disappointed with the bike because I am used to bigger bikes (kawi KZ750, Yam XS1100), but I've rode my GZ250 to work now 7 of the last 9 days that I worked and it is QUICKLY growing on me =) at first my main disappointments were top speed because I wanted to ride it to school which is 30 miles from my home and all freeway, I can get it up to 70 (even hit 80 on the freeway going downhill with the wind at my back a couple times) but now I've quickly decided I don't need to ride the freeway, so taking back roads at 55-60 the bike is very quickly growing on me =). Might not put quite as many miles on it (and save me as much gas as I initially thought) since I probably won't ride it to school much, but just back and forth to work and on the weekends riding back roads I've put about 700 miles on it so far this spring and the weather is just now starting to break (most mornings that I've rode to work so far have been about 38 degrees F in the morning, but getting in to the 60's and 70's and even a few in the 80's in the afternoons). I'm only getting about 55mpg on mine (because I'm 5'11" and 240lbs) but it sure feels a lot better to put $8 in every 110 miles rather than putting $40 in every 300 for my car or $100+ every 400 miles for my truck...

Login or Register to Remove Ads