View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 01:28 PM   #5
Water Warrior 2

I was thinking of that model.

As to why North America doesn't get it is simple in my estimation. It would be too expensive compared to other bikes in the 250 range.

It does look great and likely is a hoot to ride but the price point and maintenance costs would be greater than a single cylinder GZ with less moving parts, ease of access for servicing and likely a bit less weight overall.

The links also brought up loud pipes. Two loud pipes out back are not going to save lives. All they do is annoy your neighbors and lead to hearing loss over time for any rider.

Having ridden a Yamaha 250 V-twin with loud pipes on the highway was great fun for 10 minutes but really irritating after a while.

As to why Suzuki even builds the 250 V-twin is a mystery to me with all the other small bore bikes they have. They already have small cruisers to sell. Also bikes like the GW250 are much cheaper and very popular. A friend of mine has a riding school and his primary bikes are GW250 bikes. I plan on a refresher course this year with him so I will get to ride a GW. Having ridden only 1800 kms last year and none for 3 years prior I do need a tune up of my skills.

Login or Register to Remove Ads