View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 09:22 PM   #6
kilo0195

I agree PM... I'm new to this site but I've been reading through it for a bit while modding my gz I got about a month ago. I'm 150lbs and 5'6" so this thing was great for me to get back to riding with. As with anything I drive it takes me about 2 seconds before I want to pull it apart and modify it. I replaced the exhaust with an emgo shorty and 1.5" pipe and I put in a k&n without the diverter. I ported it then I rejetted to 147.5 and shimmed the carb then moved up to a 16t front sprocket. I can say I'm pretty impressed with how it does now compared to what it was. I can feel perfectly fine on the highway at 65 and still have enough to speed up to 75 and pass if I need to. Back highways at 55mph this bike is amazing. For a small rider like myself I think this bike is great and needs some love. This winter I'll be taking it apart to put on a 300cc big bore kit and possibly deck it if clearance will allow. I was riding earlier today with some guys and they were all surprised when I told them it was just a 250. Bottom line if your a smaller person then this bike has potential. http://imgur.com/a/5XJnK