View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 07:58 PM   #1
baxman

First love all over again, and feeling "in the club"

OK Im hooked like a school boy getting his first kiss.
I have been riding my gz off and on for a while on side streets for a couple months but I took her to the main road(60 mph) on my birthday this week. I had almost all of the gear I wanted but as a noob and to all other noobs... GET A WINDSHIELD! I road my darling at 60 with no shield and it was fun and a little scary. I put the shield on and what a difference! It may not do much for experienced riders, but for a timid rider it sure added a lot of confidence for me.

The family bought me the windshield, a fitted cover, and some saddlebags for my ride as my presents. My 13 year old daughter says she wants my gz when I get out of my pre-mid-life crisis and upgrade to a bigger bike( can you say Fatboy?). She calls the bike upgrade "stage 1 of my midlife crisis". :cool:

Seriously I was as nervous as I could be but everytime i passed my previous top speed I felt good. I must admit that when I was across a redlght from a very old fellow riding a goldwing and he raised his hand with a fist in a brotherly hello I felt like I belonged. This is a new experience for me, and yes I guess most would say that I am on a "girly bike" considering my size (6'1 220) but this thing is just a hoot. I dont see ever selling it, but I do see a bigger bike in my future. And to all folks who see a big looking hillbillie on a fully decked out "girly bike", wave or nod. It really does make my day.
baxman

Login or Register to Remove Ads