Thread: New ride.
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016, 12:18 PM   #2
Water Warrior 2

Oh my, that is a sweet looking ride. Congratulations. Other than the pipes and forward controls are there any other mods? You are going to love it. Hydraulic valve lifters are a bonus, no more valve adjustments. No more chain lubing either. The drive shaft is virtually bullet proof too.

Love the looks but the smallish tank will be a PIA in some cases. And yes, I seriously looked at these a while back. Found one at a dealer that was traded in but when I started it up it sounded like a bucket of loose bolts rattling around. Too many problems with that bike in particular. Likely ridden hard and no maintained properly.

Log into "Intruder Alert" for a group of S83 owners for the low down and helpful hints to keep the bike running like new.

You will definitely want to put star washers on the battery posts too. That will save you a lot of grief. You don't want to be trying to find the battery after dark on the road. It drops out the bottom of the bike frame.

I would love to roam the mountain roads here on that bike. Okay, I am officially envious. Nuff said.