View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 04:14 PM   #44
kilo0195

Took it apart after 200 miles to do a good inspection and all is well and no contact. Put the timing back to 0° to be safe. A custom high comp piston would be the best route for proper valve relief and able to achieve 12/1 CR, but that's more money than it's worth. This was supposed to be a cheap build, so I'm done with everything that isn't a lot of $$$$. If anyone is buying a 300cc kit I would definitely have the jug decked .040-.045 before you install it. The one point bump in CR is well worth it and very noticeably improved low end torque around town and back highways. You can get someone to do it for $50 or less. If you go with the cam as well be sure to keep the cam timing at 0° 😁. Keep in mind I'm still running a 2.43 final drive (16t front and 39t rear) and can easily cruise 70-75mph with my wife and I both (320#). Do note if you want to carry that much weight you need to replace the rear shocks. I bought mine off Amazon for $60 the pair and as a pair have a spring rate of 1400#. Plenty of strength and has enough give even riding solo to still have a smooth ride. Definitely helps it handle better as well. With the 2.43 final drive 5th is ultimately an overdrive. 4th is good to reliably get you to 70-75 and then 5th for cruising. 5th gear cuts so much torque though that you're not accelerating very fast at any speed. Ultimately fits my riding style perfect. The bike is also light enough we can through it on the hitch carrier and bring it with us on trips. Anyways... the 300cc kit and deck job should be rather cheap, reliable, and turn the bike from 14.5 whp to 22-23 whp. Which is pretty impressive for such a cheap mod, and definitely helps on a 320# bike.